Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Rainbow Birthday!

My sweet little Bean just turned three!  How did that happen?  Time is going too fast!  Lil Bean requested a blue cake for her birthday.  I thought that was a little boring, so I showed her a picture of a rainbow cake, and, well, she was sold!  


I enjoyed mixing the colors into the cake batter.  When the cakes were done baking I trimmed off the golden brown edges to show the pretty colors inside.  Then I iced the top and left the sides exposed!

Rainbow Birthday Cake

Rainbow Birthday Cake

This cake was so pretty.  And so easy!  Hands down the easiest birthday cake I've ever made for one of the kids.


To celebrate Bean's big day, we had our toes done with Grandma 'Zona.  What a treat!  Bean was a little nervous, but Monkey is counting down until her birthday so we can go again!



And, no birthday would be complete without taking treats to school!  The kids got a kick out of these rainbow cupcakes.  I kept them simple and put just a little icing on top.

Rainbow Cupcakes


Happy Birthday to my Little Bean!!



No comments:

Post a Comment