Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Princess Bedroom Project!

Last month we had a magical time at Walt Disney World in Orlando.  The girls were in awe seeing the castle and meeting characters.  We waved at Cinderella in the parade, watched Tinkerbell fly from the castle, and met many, many characters.  One of the highlights of the trip was meeting Tinkerbell and Princess Ariel on the streets of Epcot.

After returning home my husband got it in his head that the girls need a princess bedroom.  So we spent many late nights creating cut-outs to decorate their room.  We started with Cinderella's castle and Rapunzel's tower from Tangled.  Then we added various "side-kicks" from other Disney princess movies. 

So, down came the Dr. Seuss characters.  Boy am I glad they are painted on plywood and not right on the wall!



Don't worry.  I've already found a new home for them.  They will look great in my classroom.

There was lots of cutting (thanks hubby).


And sanding.  And painting.


And more painting.


I have never been so happy to finish a project!
















The girls love their new princess room!  They dressed up just for the occasion. As soon as I catch up on my sleep I have a few more additions in mind.  I mean, what princess room is complete without a mirror, mirror on the wall??  

Now I think I'll go eat a poisoned apple and slip into a deep sleep.  Zzzzzzz...

7 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your painting Katie! You are quite talented. My son was quite jealous of Mushu. Jane Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOLY! The room looks incredible! Awesome work Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it this weekend in person! It turned out amazing! Lori and Warren Hibbard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!! Ryan painted Mushu (and the other characters). V is asking for Nemo, so I guess we aren't finished after all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chip is my favorite! Looks great! I need to trade my husband in for the knows-how-to-work-a-jigsaw model...

    But then again, who would do the taxes? Meh, I'll keep Mike.

    Again, these are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The room looks perfect for two princess.
    Love Tammy

    ReplyDelete