Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Rocking Horse

My four year old is obsessed with horses.  What does she want for Christmas?  A horse, of course!  Unfortunately, our back yard is not big enough for a horse.  Otherwise I'm afraid we'd already have one.  

My husband made the next best thing, a rocking horse!


Photobucket

Ryan looked at some pictures online to come up with a pattern.

Photobucket

The girls had to take a test ride.

Photobucket

Ryan drilled holes into the head and neck and used wood glue to secure the mane.


Photobucket

All colors were chosen by my daughter.  She asked for a brown horse with red and black hair and blue eyes.


Photobucket

Ryan added a leather bridle.


Photobucket

Meet "Scarlet."  

Photobucket
Rocking Horse

And Scarlet's unnamed cousin who will be a Christmas present for my little nieces.


Photobucket
Rocking Horse

I really love how they both turned out!  It will be hard keeping the girls off their cousins' horse over the next few days before we take it to Grandma's house!



No comments:

Post a Comment