Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DIY ABC Blocks

The other day Monkey and I were building with our small collection of wood blocks.  I remembered the pile of scrap wood in the garage and started thinking about how much fun some new blocks would be!  I found a bunch of left over 2x2s and decided ABC blocks were the way to go (the teacher inside me couldn't resist).  I cleared some room and started cutting and sanding!
 My blocks are far from perfect but my 3 year old doesn't care!
 I used paint pens to write letters (capital on one side and lowercase on another).  I made the whole alphabet and extra letters as needed so I can spell both girls' names.
 A little Mod Podge and scrapbook paper added a birdie puzzle to another side.
More scrapbook paper and a coat of glaze spray and I'm done!
I even saved a few blocks for the girls to paint.  But that's for another day...



No comments:

Post a Comment