Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Ryan!


Today is my husband's birthday!  
This morning to celebrate Monkey and Lil Bean helped me bake a cake.  Turns out they are excellent pan greasers! We made two 8" chocolate cakes.


Monkey is wearing her apron that I showed you in a previous post here.


The cake is in the oven!  While baking, we made a peanut butter filling.  You can find the recipe here. 


I used my cake leveler to even out both cakes.  Then I loaded on the peanut butter filling.  Can you tell I used crunchy peanut butter?  


OK, so maybe too much filling...


Topped with chocolate icing and all the candles I could find.  We can pretend he's only 21.  ;)


Happy Birthday Daddy!


I'm adding this peanut butter recipe to my collection.  It was so yummy I'll definitely make it again!

By the way, the balloon wreath was a project Amanda and I worked on a few months ago.  You can find a great tutorial over at How Does She.

Have a wonderful evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment