Sunday, February 20, 2011

Home Office Organization

I've been working hard to get my house in order.  Seems like we went from being snowed in and stir crazy to on the go constantly with no time to catch up.  I've seen a lot of blogs that show how they stay organized so I thought I would do the same!  

We have an unusually long dining room.  This end had a foosball table once upon a time.  But it was seldom used and we needed the space when our guest bedroom/office turned into a kid's bedroom when we had our second child.


Now everything has a place.  This is the only room in the house I haven't painted.  Sometimes it drives me crazy.  But, we have an open floor plan and I have never been able to decide on a color for the kitchen/dining/office that will compliment the living room.  It may never happen.

I finally went through everything that was collecting on the book shelves and organized.  Reference books on the top shelf, photos on the second shelf, hubby's books on the next shelf, then the kids' shelf, and finally on the bottom are old year books and random stuff from high school.  So far the kids' shelf has been a huge hit!  It keeps the girls from pulling all of our books off the shelf.  Score!


I'm crazy about having see-through storage.  I will store anything that will fit in a jar.  I have buttons, glue sticks, paint pens (ok, that one is a tall cocktail glass), batteries, paper clips, staples, well you get the point...


Oh, and yes, there is a live bird on a perch in the first picture.  Sometimes my husband brings his "work" home, too.  :)

Have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you'd mention the bird ... hee hee! Great post! Thanks for sharing your strategies!

    ReplyDelete