Friday, January 6, 2012

Class of 2030

Happy New Year Everybody!

2012 is going to be a very exciting year - in just a few weeks my sister is having her first baby, which means I get my first niece or nephew! I'm so pumped. She and her husband want the gender to be a surprise - for everyone including themselves, so I'm getting busy making gender-neutral baby crafts! I don't know how they can stand the suspense ...

Last night I made this sweet little onesie. It was so simple: a onesie, sharpies, a ruler and a button (for tracing).


I had seen this idea several months ago on Pinterest from a blog called La-Dee-Da Creations. I personalized it by adding the last name (don't know the first yet!) and DOB (it's a scheduled C-section so the date is a pretty safe bet). I freehanded the writing, which was nerve-wracking, but I think it turned out pretty nice.

According to La-Dee-Da, the sharpie ink will not run in the wash but will fade over time. If it fades before the baby outgrows newborn-sized onesies, I will just trace over the original markings.

Can you believe a baby born today will graduate from high school in 2030?!

Happy Crafting!
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! That is so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete