Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sight Word Chant Sticks!

Today I'd like to share a fun craft I whipped up for my classroom.  Every day my first graders and I spend ten minutes focusing on high frequency words on our word wall.  The kids are expected to know 200 high frequency words by the end of first grade.  

Let me be honest.  Word wall time is not my favorite time of the day.  I am desperately in need of some new ideas.  

Imagine my delight when I stumbled upon these babies on Pinterest!


Word Wall Chants Sticks!

Growing Kinders typed a collection of chants and is sharing the PDF.  {{THANK YOU!!}}  You can download it by visiting her page.


Here are my sticks:








The sticks fit perfectly in a Crystal Light container.  


Word wall time will never be the same.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment