Thursday, January 19, 2012

Student Writing Prompt Pictures

A few weeks ago I was picking up a prescription at my local pharmacy and was given a free calendar.  I have no use for another calendar but I hung onto it because the pictures were so pretty.  I knew the different landscapes would make interesting writing prompts for my first grade friends with writer's block.  This week they are learning about using descriptive words in their writing and these are sure to ignite their creativity! 

I cut apart the calendar and glued the pictures onto the top half of large pieces of construction paper.  Then I glued writing paper to the bottom half of the construction paper.  I wrote directions at the bottom of each and laminated.  These beauties will go in my writing center.  

My students will be so excited to write with dry-erase markers and because they are laminated they will wipe clean to be used over and over again.



How do you inspire your young students or your own kids to write more? 





1 comment: