Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hall Bathroom Project; Day 2

Less than two weeks ago we gutted our bathroom.  The floor tiles were putting up a good fight so we took a trip to our local RSC and rented this bad boy.


I put the kids down for a nap and got to work.  And yes, they slept right through it!  I think the loud attic fan saved me.


Did I mention it was 80 degrees and I had to wear long sleeves to protect myself from flying shards of tile?


Here you can see the layer of concrete the previous owners laid on top of the concrete slab.  We still haven't figured out that one...


We moved the new tub into place and fixed the concrete floors.  You can also see the new sheet rock is up.


The new tub is an inch wider than the old tub so the top layer of concrete had to be chiseled back to fit.  Then new concrete filled the gap and leveled the floor.  You can see our new built-in shelf on the right.


This is where the old vanity was.  The floor had to be filled in to accommodate our new longer yet narrower vanity.


Just for fun let me back up and show you what the shower looked like before the sheet rock went up.  There you can see my husband in our master bathroom shower.  His hand is on the shelf we built into the wall in our shower.  We kinda forgot the back tile was glued to the back side of the drywall on the hall bathroom shower...  Oops...


This is the end of a very long day 2.


Here's a sneak peak of some of the new tiles.


Stay tuned!



1 comment: