Monday, May 6, 2013

Warrior Dash Oklahoma 2013!

One of my 2013 resolutions was to get out and run more.  In March I ran my first 10K and it really lit a fire in me!  Shortly afterwards I learned about a crazy event called the Warrior Dash.  The Warrior Dash is a 5K obstacle course run that includes climbing over walls, crawling through mud, and jumping through fire, just to name a few things.  So what did I do?  I found a friend crazy enough to join me and we signed up

Jenn, YOU ROCK.  Thanks for being crazy with me.





Why on earth would we subject ourselves to this kind of torture?  For a turkey leg and warrior horns, of course!  


OK, that's not the complete truth.  The thing is, Warrior Dash is a St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital partner.  Warrior Dash events have raised more than $5 million for St. Jude's.  Did you know that no family ever gets a bill for treatments received at St. Judes?  Now that is awesome.  I'm all too aware of the costs of cancer treatment.  My hope is that my little donation and fundraising effort will make a difference in the lives of a family struggling to survive.  

What blows my mind the most is that two kiddos my girls were once in daycare classes with have battled or are battling cancer.  As young children.  Cancer scares the hell out of me.  Jenn and I have joined Team Benjamin in honor of one of these little kiddos.

If you would like to support me in my Warrior Dash adventure please visit my fundraising page:


I promise I'll post all the muddy pictures after the event!  Even if you'd rather not support me financially I'd really appreciate your encouragement on May 18th.  Did you see those obstacles??  Yikes.


No comments:

Post a Comment