Sunday, February 5, 2012

DIY Magazine FIles

As soon as I decided to tackle organizing my home office I realized I needed more magazine files.  I already had a couple on hand but I needed a few more.  I went looking at a couple stores nearby and surprisingly couldn't find any cheap, basic, magazine files to match the ones I already had.

Then as I was doing laundry it dawned on me.


I already had boxes the perfect size to make my own!


I traced my existing files and cut the tops off of the detergent boxes.


A couple coats of spray paint...


And I'm organized!  You can see my entire office here.



2 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re very savvy in home office organization, Katie! My wife actually is just as practical, and she taught me just that. I have all sorts of office supply organizer. I even have folders made out of and boxes covered with selvedge materials.

    Clayton Steadham

    ReplyDelete