Saturday, February 11, 2012

Room for a Boy

I've been busy "nesting" for the last week as we prepare to adopt a little boy.  You can read more about that here.  We still don't know when our little guy, who we've been calling Little Brother, will actually be ours, but we're hoping it will be soon.  

I thought I would share some pictures of Little Brother's room.  This room was the nursery we brought our girls home to and then became the guest room when we moved the girls into the Princess room.

I found this quilt at Target and instantly fell in love.  Our Ugly Doll OX matches it perfectly.  Fortunately, it was on clearance and I got it for a great price.  Unfortunately, it didn't have a coordinating bed skirt.


The pink changing table pad will be replaced with blue or green as soon as I can get my hands on the right fabric.  I spent a long time painting the castle on the wall 5 years ago and haven't decided if I can really bring myself to paint over it.  I'm also itching to make roman shades, but again, I haven't found the right fabric.  


I'm picturing roman shades with a fun fabric like these:


I can't wait to paint the furniture midnight blue.


 I love the blue furniture in this picture:


If I muster the courage to paint over the castle we'll probably go with a vintage baseball theme.  The old glove was my husband's grandfather's.  My whole family are Cardinals fans so I'm sure I'll find a way to bring some birds in.  :)



Here are a few more pictures that inspire me:




No comments:

Post a Comment