Sunday, February 5, 2012

Bye Bye Nursery

 This is the picture I took of the third bedroom when we moved into our house.  Love the formal curtains and tan trim, don't you?  ;)


A little over a year later we were expecting our first baby and the third bedroom became a nursery.  The walls and trim got fresh paint.


My husband built an amazing crib.  I sewed the crib bumpers and skirt.


Hubby also built a changing table to match the crib.  I took down the big heavy curtains and sewed lighter curtains to match the crib bedding.


I spent hours and hours painting a castle on the wall.  We also hung some puppets to complete the fairy tale theme.


Both of our girls slept and played in this room for the first year or two of their lives.  Now they share the larger Princess bedroom.  The nursery slowly changed into a guest room and the crib was disassembled and moved to the attic.  Now this room is undergoing yet another change.  

The nursery is becoming Little Brother's room!

I recently shared our good news about being selected to adopt a little boy.  As we go through the required steps to bring him home I have been busy preparing his room.  I'll be sure to post more as the room comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment